Author

Thursday, January 22, 2015

A new study has revealed just how dangerous microwave popcorn is. Researchers have found that this popcorn can cause serious cancers that could prove fatal for most people.

The danger starts with the bag the popcorn comes in. According to Natrt is lined with a chemical called perfluorooctanoic acid ( PFOA). This chemical can lead to infertility in women, as well as increase anyone’s risk of kidney, bladder, liver, pancreas and testicular cancers.

Most microwaved popcorns include ingredients like soybean oil (a GMO product) as well as various preservatives such as propyl gallate. These can each cause serious stomach problems and skin rashes.

Finally, manufacturers apply a chemical called diacetyl to the popcorn itself. Congra Foods was forced to remove this chemical from their ACT brand of popcorn because it was causing lung problems for the workers in their factories.

Next time you pop in a movie, think twice before you microwave some popcorn. It’s just not worth it.

Leave a comment...

Want more stuff like this?

We love bringing you things that you want to see.
Sign-up below for our weekly email and see for yourself!

or

Sign-up with Facebook

By submitting above you agree to the TellMeNow privacy policy.