viral

Author

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

One woman got a little more than she bargained for during a recent trip to McDonald’s.

Annah Sophia Stevenson of Blenheim, New Zealand was chewing on a bite of her burger when she noticed something more crunchy than she expected. And it wasn’t because of burnt beef… There was a cockroach inside of it.

She told the Marlborough Express, “I was working on it for about three or four seconds, I thought it was a bit of gristly meat.”

The woman reportedly found half of the roach in the burger — she thinks she may have accidentally eaten the other half.

Screenshot 2015-04-21 at 1.52.08 PM

At the time of the event, Stevenson was with her young son. She didn’t want to frighten him with what she found in the burger, so she quietly went to the bathroom and spat it out.

She said, “I was just retching and vomiting into the sink. That’s when I got the black crispy shell out of my teeth. The guts were hanging out and it had a big hole in the middle of it. … I’ll never, ever eat another Big Mac as long as I live.”

Stevenson wasted little time posting a picture of the bug-infested burger on social media.

Screenshot 2015-04-21 at 1.50.00 PM

She wrote on Facebook, “Thanks McDonalds Blenheim, for the cockroach Big Mac. Only thing worse than finding it, was only finding half of it (have I consumed the other part?) and it was while I was chewing on it thinking it was a bit tough so pulled it out!!! I feel violated, ill, traumati[z]ed and disgusted.”

Leave a comment...

Want more stuff like this?

Add your email and your name and we'll send you the most interesting stories we get our hands on!

or

Sign-up with Facebook

By submitting above you agree to the TellMeNow privacy policy.