Summer is right around the corner, and along with the hot weather comes swarms of insects like mosquitos that hope to bite every human they can find.
Bug repellant sometimes works, but the smell is so toxic that it can leave you feeling nauseous all day. This video will show you eight ways to keep bugs away without having to worry about the obnoxious chemicals in repellant.
- If you put pennies in a bag of water, it can scare away many kinds of insects.
- While coconut oil and citronella release a fragrance that we love, bugs can’t stand it.
- Grab a shallow jar, put two cotton balls in it, fill it with vanilla extract, top with some fresh mint leaves, and cover with cheesecloth. It smells great and keeps bugs away.
- Steep lavender or clove in alcohol and spray it on your windows. Bugs will run for the hills.
- Apple cider vinegar in a jar with some plastic wrap makes the perfect bug trap.
- Combine garlic, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in powder form and sprinkle it across spots insects like to crawl. If you have a pet, don’t use this method as garlic isn’t good for the furry friends.
- In general, essential oils repel bugs but smell great to us.
- Grab an old CD and hang it in your hard to use its reflective powers to scare away bugs.
We can’t wait to head outside and put these to the test!