Salt is one of the most common household appliances there is, but what you may not know is it can be used for many other things other than just seasoning food.
This video will show you seven different ways that you can use salt around your house. We didn’t know any of these!
- Remove anything sticky that burned onto your clothes iron. Put your iron on high and grab a piece of wax paper. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt onto the paper. Then for about 1 minute move the iron back and forth and the salt will help the residue clump up for easy removal.
- Dropped an egg? Sprinkle a lot of salt on the spill and let it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes. The salt will coagulate the egg and make it easy to wipe up with a paper towel.
- If a grease fire happens, grab your salt and pour it directly onto the flame.
- To remove caked on burnt food and grease, cover the bottom of the pan with salt and add some water. After a 10-minute salt water bath the debris will be easy to wipe away.
- You can also clean your sponge! Fill a container with warm water and add salt. Place your sponge in and let it sit overnight.
- Use salt to clean your tub. Mix an equal amount of salt with turpentine and pour it down the drain to work its magic. Put on cleaning gloves and apply the mixture to a sponge to shine your porcelain today.
- Clogged drains? Add ¼ cup of salt and baking soda into a mixing cup and pour it directly into the open drain. Now pour ½ cup of white vinegar into the drain and allow the bubble magic to work for 15 minutes. While waiting boil water to pour down at the end and get rid of any leftover clog.
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.