A new flesh-eating culprit has been found on the east coast of the U.S., and this one could be really bad.
It all started when Chris Hickey who works with American Medical Response in New Hampshire, was called to revive a man who was literally “rotting away.” Hickey and his crew managed to bring the man back to life, and when he started talking, he revealed to them what he thinks happened to him.
It turns out that the anonymous man is a heroin addict, and he is one of the first people in New Hampshire to fall victim to a particularly dangerous form of the drug. According to Mad World News, this drug originated in Russia and was first spotted in the U.S. in the southwest states. Apparently, it has now spread to the east coast.
The drug is called Krokodil, and it has already wreaked havoc in Russia. It’s cut with cheap and obscure products in order to maximize the profits for drug dealers. Instead of using pricey painkiller fentanyl to cut the heroin, these dealers use gasoline, paint thinner, drain cleaner, or even ground-up red phosphorus from matchstick tips. When users inject this, it destroys their internal tissue and causes their skin to become green and scaly.
If these users manage to survive heroin overdoses, they will likely die from their body being eaten away by this flesh eating concoction.
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.