Author

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

When Alex Beer, 32, first noticed his arm start swelling up, he thought it was just allergies so he tried to ignore it. However, when he started experiencing massive blisters and then his kidneys started to fail, the Kent, England resident knew he had to go to the hospital.

There, doctors told him the unthinkable: he had been bitten by a false widow spider, which is known for being extremely venomous.

“I was sweating constantly and my arm had ballooned with the swelling traveling up my arm at an alarming rate and felt extremely tired and was becoming less responsive,” Beer wrote on Facebook, according to American Overlook. “At the hospital I was declining pretty fast to the point where my kidneys were starting to fail and large blisters were forming all over my arm.”

598005_1

It actually took awhile for doctors to figure out that Beer had been bitten by a spider, and he was kept in the hospital for an agonizing two weeks.

“At the hospital I was placed on several bags of both antibiotics and saline fluids a day intravenously,” he recounted. “Every day blood tests were taken the results of which didn’t seem to explain what was wrong.”

Beer’s health eventually got so bad that his family feared for his life.

“It was a scary two weeks in hospital watching one you love go through this,” his father, Terry Beer, told the press.

Beer’s health has improved considerably, and he has now gone public with his story in the hopes of warning others about the dangers of spider bites.

Leave a comment...

Want more stuff like this?

Add your email and your name and we'll send you the most interesting stories we get our hands on!

or

Sign-up with Facebook

By submitting above you agree to the TellMeNow privacy policy.