A year and a half ago, parents of students at Pennsylvania’s Montgomery Elementary School began noticing strange marks on their children. Now, the disturbing reason behind the marks has been revealed.
According to Mad World News, it all started when a shipment was delivered to the school 18 months ago. Soon after, a venomous brown recluse spider was spotted in the kitchen and was traced back to the delivery. Superintendent Dr. Charles A. Prijatelj had the situation dealt with and thought the problem was over, but he turned out to be very wrong…
“We dealt with that, and we thought we were good,” Prijatelj said. “Then come last fall, we found a couple more in the boiler room.”
Unfortunately for the school, the brown spiders had multiplied, and over the next few months they popped up in various areas of the school. Prijatelj and his colleagues realized this summer that the school is completely infested.
The silver lining of this is that the problem was at it’s worst when the children were on summer break, so it is now a race against time to rid the school of spiders before classes start again.
“We’re spraying the outside of the building,” Prijatelj explained of the spider abatement. “We’re going to fog the entire building, including above the hanging ceiling. We’re also going to do underneath all the crawl spaces.”
Teachers at the school are now working overtime to move all cardboard boxes out of the building, since spiders like to hide in them. A second spray is set to take place August 15, and the teachers hope and pray that this will rid the school of spiders for good.
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.