Pasta is a staple in many people’s diets. It’s easy to prepare and relatively inexpensive. But, there is a twist on pasta you probably haven’t heard about. My grandparents are from Italy and I have never heard about it, but I will be trying this tonight!
Inspired Taste has a recipe for Red Wine Pasta that only takes 15 minutes but looks incredibly delicious. You will want to use a wine you like as the pasta picks up the flavor.
There isn’t much to this recipe. Only a few ingredients are needed and you may have them already in your pantry!
Here’s what you will need:
3 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pound thin spaghetti
2 cups dry red wine such as Chianti or Zinfandel (about 3/4 bottle)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- After you gather your ingredients, you’ll want to start boiling water. Don’t forget to toss some salt into the water as it begins to boil! Only cook the pasta until it begins to bend, about 3-4 minutes.
- As you are waiting for the water and pasta, chop the garlic and pistachios.
- Using a large skillet with sides on medium heat, add a tablespoon of the butter, garlic and red pepper flakes. You’ll cook this for about a minute, until the garlic browns.
- Add the wine to the skillet and bring it to a simmer.
- Add your partially cooked pasta to the skillet, stirring it occasionally. You can add remaining pasta water to the skillet if you feel its a little dry.
- When the pasta is al dente (tender but still having a little bite), add the remaining butter.
- Then add pistachios to the top.
That’s it! In about 15 minutes you can make something pretty original with just a handful of ingredients.
Will you be trying this recipe? Please share your thoughts about it.
H/T: American Overlook