Unconditional love and support is required for a successful marriage. It’s important that you be a team and have each other’s backs, even after the “newness” of marriage wears off. Forever is a long time!
Style caster has come up with 10 qualities to look for before you walk down the aisle. See if you agree with these.
- A sense of humor. Laughter is important. It’s great medicine, especially during tough times. A man who can make you laugh but doesn’t make you the butt of his jokes will help lighten your mood when you are feeling down.
- A backbone. There is something incredibly attractive about a man who will stand his ground when faced with opposition. Loyalty is an important virtue. And if a man can stand and not waver on his morals and integrity, he will likely continue standing strong with you.
- Kindness. While some women seek out bad boys to possibly add excitement or to irritate their parents, having someone who doesn’t treat you well is going to make you miserable over a long period of time. A man who you can depend on for kindness will feel like home.
- Generosity. This has nothing to do with money. This is about personality. A man who is generous with his time and feelings will make you feel enveloped in his love.
- Confidence. Neediness and insecurity aren’t very attractive. And they can wear you down over years. A man who is confident and sure of himself will make you feel that way too.
- Modesty. This goes hand in hand with confidence. It’s important to be confident, but not arrogant. Arrogance and boastfulness can destroy a relationship.
- Affection. A man who will show you a little affection in public is proud to be with you. And touch is incredibly powerful to a relationship.
- Intelligence. He needs to be able to keep up with your conversations. An intelligent man can also challenge you to be a better person and help you look at things from different perspectives. Stimulating conversation never gets old.
- Chivalry. Politeness is always in fashion. And if he treats you right, it means he was likely raised right and will follow the good example that was set for him.
- Cleanliness. You do not want to play maid to a perpetual slob.
What would you add to this list?