We often joke that there is never any leftover wine because we will just drink the whole bottle. But, sometimes we do have some leftover. Perhaps you just want one glass or perhaps you are serving several different kinds of wine and don’t polish off all the bottles.
But, leftover wine can go bad quickly because of cork taint. This struggle is real for those of us who appreciate wine. But, here is a simple way from Tip Hero to revive it by using Saran Wrap.
- Ball up some of the plastic wrap and place it in the bottom of pitcher.
- Pour the wine into the pitcher over the plastic wrap.
- Swirl the wine around the pitcher for 5 to 10 minutes, making sure that all of the wine is exposed to the plastic wrap. The more tainted the wine tastes, the longer it needs to be exposed to the plastic wrap.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 for especially stubborn cases.
- Do a small taste test. If the taint is gone, decant the wine and enjoy! Be sure to throw that plastic wrap away.
The Saran Wrap absorbs the taint of the wine like a sponge absorbs water.
How do you keep leftover wine fresh? Please share your tips.
H/T: Tip Hero