news

Author

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Audree Kopp just learned a lesson the hard way. And it’s something that all women need to learn as many are guilty of doing this seemingly harmless thing.

Audree wore hair ties on her wrist so one was available if she wanted to pull her hair back. But, she got an infection from this common practice. And when antibiotics couldn’t treat the infection, she had to have surgery.

Apparently, bacteria from the hair ties can get into your skin. While reflecting on her experience, Audree is grateful that it wasn’t worse. “It could have been a whole different ball game,” she said. “Once it gets into your bloodstream, people have been known to go into a coma, your body shuts down. It could have been worse.”

While Audree’s case is rare, it might be wise to toss a hair tie in your pocket or your purse and free up your wrist. She says a hair tie with glitter was the culprit. While glitter is a favorite of many women, this is not a particularly healthy use of it.

Do you wear hair ties around your wrist? Does this story change your mind about this practice? Please share your thoughts.

H/T: Fox 59

Leave a comment...

Want more stuff like this?

We love bringing you things that you want to see.
Sign-up below for our weekly email and see for yourself!

or

Sign-up with Facebook

By submitting above you agree to the TellMeNow privacy policy.