It can be a challenge to get into shape. Sitting at a desk all day can make that even harder. But, here are 9 exercises you can do right at your desk to help with your fitness goals.
- Hamstring curls can be done by putting your feet on your desk and pulling your rolling chair forward and then back again.
- Sliding split squats will work your thighs, glutes, and core. Put your foot on your chair. Then push that leg back while bending your front leg in a lunging position.
- Seated rotations are done by putting your hands on your desk while gently twisting to one side, flattening your stomach and squeezing your shoulders back and gently stretching your neck.
- Seated pedal pushes can be a bit challenging as you’ll feel your core muscles activate.
- Curtsy lunges work your thighs and glutes. Rest your fingers on your chair while taking your right leg across behind your bent left leg. Return to standing position. Then switch to the opposite side.
- Tricep presses will help get your arms buffed. Grab a ream of paper and hold it behind your head and then straighten out your arms.
- Wall squats target your thighs, core, and posture. Squat with your legs at a right angle and your back against the wall. If you want to increase this challenge, add some weight to your lap.
- Wall presses target your chest and upper arms. Put your palms against the wall. Then bend your elbows, then push away, and repeat.
- Eye yoga gives your eyes a break from looking at a computer screen. Hold a pencil in each hand and stretch your arms out. Look at each pencil tip without moving your head.
You can also see video of some additional exercises you can do at your desk below.
If you like this article, please share it!
H/T: The Guardian