news

Author

Friday, January 15, 2016

A British teen didn’t like to shower. Instead, he would just spray his entire body to cover up any body odor. This decision cost him his life.

Thomas Townsend was a 16 year old living in foster care. His foster mum said that he was looking forward to attending college next year. She said, “He would not take showers but would stand there with a deodorant and spray half the can on him. He would go through a can a week. I didn’t know he had so many cans in his room but he was a big hoarder.”

No drugs or alcohol were found in his body. Coroner Rachel Redman reports that, “He sprayed it (deodorant) all over himself and succumbed to the effects of the gas.”

Thomas likely didn’t even consider that this was such a risk and it is awful that this mistake was fatal. Simply showering and cutting back on deodorant could have prevented this fatal accident.

Some American teens are looking to forms of aerosol to get a quick and easy high. As you can see in the video below, they are using butane and e-cigarettes to get a fix. Both of these are legal to purchase, but the combination is deadly.

Be extra cautious with aerosols. Ingesting them can be fatal, no matter what the purpose is.

Did you know this was possible?

H/T: American Overlook 

Leave a comment...

Want more stuff like this?

Add your email and your name and we'll send you the most interesting stories we get our hands on!

or

Sign-up with Facebook

By submitting above you agree to the TellMeNow privacy policy.