People like Missouri State Sen. Jamilah Nasheed (Democrat) don’t seem to understand how good they have it in this country. Her refusal to stand during the Pledge of Allegiance is a slap in the face to every American citizen.
Watch her disgusting behavior:
And here is her pathetic reasoning for not standing and showing respect to the United States of America:
“I decided to not stand for the Pledge of Allegiance today to stand in solidarity with the cause of injustice that Colin Kaepernick has shined a bright light upon. I am not anti-America, and in fact, it is because I love this country that I take this stand,” Nasheed said.
She goes on to list a bunch of “grievances” that reads like the typical list of government goodies and absurd complaints you’d expect to find from a — tada! — Black Lives Matter supporter.
Here’s her full list:
- The injustice of police brutality — the refusal to mandate police body cameras;
- The injustice of poverty — the underfunding of our public schools;
- The injustice of voter suppression — passing Voter ID laws;
- The injustice of not having health care — not expanding Medicaid;
- The injustice of unlivable wages — refusing to raise minimum wage and the right-to-work attack on labor;
- The injustice of unequal pay for women;
- The injustice of mass incarceration; and
- The injustice of economic disparity.
It’s not surprising given her despicable behavior in the past.
The anti-gun Democrat was arrested during the Michael Brown protests in Ferguson back in 2014. Police said she “smelled strongly of intoxicants” and discovered her carrying a 9mm handgun with plenty of extra ammunition!
When people like Ms. Nasheed do this, they should be taken to places like North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela and see what it’s REALLY like to live in a country of injustice.
Until that time comes, she should STAND UP.
Share with others, particularly if you live in Missouri. Let them see what their tax dollars are supporting.
H/T: Dennis Michael Lynch