If you like to eat like a King, you will want to bookmark this recipe. It’s Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich in dessert form.
This Peanut Butter Banana Icebox Pie from MyRecipes will dance across your taste buds.
Here’s what you will need:
2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 15 sheets)
1/2 cup finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
2 cups whipping cream, divided
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large bananas, sliced
Toppings: sweetened whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped honey-roasted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
2. Microwave chocolate and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. (Do not overheat.) Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust.
3. Beat cream cheese, next 2 ingredients, and 1/4 cup whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Beat vanilla and remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third whipped cream mixture into peanut butter mixture to loosen; fold in remaining whipped cream mixture.
5. Arrange banana slices over chocolate mixture in crust. Spread peanut butter mixture over bananas. Cover and chill 8 hours. Serve pie with desired toppings.
You’ll have a “Whole Lotta Lovin'” for this pie!
If you know someone who would want to try this recipe, please share it!