Two twitter users claiming to be post office workers took to Twitter to brag about destroying Trump ballots.
The first user @randygdub talked about ripping up absentee ballots that vote for Trump in Columbus, Ohio.
i love working at the post office in Columbus, Ohio and ripping up absentee ballots that vote for trump
— raandy (@randygdub) October 16, 2016
He was subsequently told it was a federal crime.
However, they didn’t believe them.
One twitter user finally sent him the Law code.
However, they brushed it aside.
One user finally asked them to clarify which post office in Columbus they work at.
The United States Postal Service did respond.
Another user @Fallen_star85 also tweeted they were taking Trump ballots in Ohio to the dumpster.
Fallen_star85 has subsequently made their profile private.
It’s unclear whether these individuals are lying about destroying the ballots.
However, if they are telling the truth they are breaking Ohio law.
3599.21 Prohibitions concerning absent voter’s ballot.
(A) No person shall knowingly do any of the following:
(1) Impersonate another, or make a false representation in order to obtain an absent voter’s ballot;
(2) Aid or abet a person to vote an absent voter’s ballot illegally;
(3) If the person is an election official, open, destroy, steal, mark, or mutilate any absent voter’s ballot;
(4) Aid or abet another person to open, destroy, steal, mark, or mutilate any absent voter’s ballot after the ballot has been voted;
(5) Delay the delivery of any absent voter’s ballot with a view to preventing its arrival in time to be counted;
(6) Hinder or attempt to hinder the delivery or counting of such absent voter’s ballot;
(7) Fail to forward to the appropriate election official an absent voter’s ballot application entrusted to that person to so forward;
(8) Fail to forward to the appropriate election official an absent voter’s ballot application entrusted to that person to so forward within ten days after that application is completed or within such a time period that the failure to so forward the application disenfranchises the voter with respect to a particular election, whichever is earlier;
The code continues to, “(C) Whoever violates division (A) or (B) of this section is guilty of a felony of the fourth degree.”
Do you think they are pulling an elaborate prank or were they being serious?
Share if you’d like to see these people jailed!